By Geoff Briggs
Will Brack drove the Brack Family Owned, Buckeye Welding Supply Hughes for the win Sunday, April 28, at Phillips County Raceway. The win marked the first for Brack on the 2013 Precise Racing Blood, Sweat and Tears Series for IMCA Xtreme Motor Sports Modifieds tour.
Lloyd Meeske took the win in the Chubby Chassis BST Series for IMCA Sunoco Stock Cars.
Colt Gibbs took his first IMCA Sunoco Hobby Stock win, while Jacob Adler chalked up another IMCA Karl Chevrolet Northern Sport Mod win.
With the scratch of pole-sitter Beau Speicher from the field, Greg Gustus and Tyson Groves were in the front-row for the Modified feature. Will Brack started fourth and was able to get by Gustus and set sail. Jesse Taylor, in his second IMCA Modified race, jumped into the No. 2 position from the eighth starting position, but was not able to get by Brack.Brack took the win over Taylor, Jeremy Frenier, Garrett Sporhase and John Hansen.
Lloyd Meeske and Jesse Taylor were on the Stock Car feature. Meeske and Taylor put on a show for the fans with the lead. Justin Bussell was in the mix as well. Meeske was able to claim the win over Taylor, Bussell, Jeff Whiting and Casey Woken.
Trevor Geist and Jason Brees were the front row for the Northern Sport Mod feature. Jacob Adler and Tripp Gaylord shot to the lead and fought for the top position. Gaylord’s day ended when he lost his drive-shaft in turn two. Chad Dolan moved up to the two position, but was unable to catch Adler.
Adler and Dolan were followed by Geist, Mike Lininger and Ryan Moser.
Greg Dannatt and Jim Moore were the front row for the Hobby Stock feature. Colt Gibbs took command of the lead and went on to post his first career win.
Dannatt placed a career best second over Michael Johnson,
Marshall Curson and Jim Moore.
Results from the April 28 races are as follows:
- BST IMCA Modifieds—Will Brack, Jesse Taylor, Jeremy Frenier, Garrett Sporhase, John Hansen, Matt Brack, Eddie Belec, Greg Gustus, Ryan Gaylord, Joe Mullins, Greg Sharpe, James Krehmeyer, Adam Morris, John Burrow Jr., Jim Groenwold, Jeff Hunter, Dave Lindsey, Eddie Edwards, Dusty Springer, Matt Morris, Tyson Groves, Danny Concelman and Beau Speicher.
- BST IMCA Northern Sport Mods—Jake Adler, Chad Dolan, Trevor Geist, Mike Lininger, Ryan Moser, Lance Brandt, Tom Quint, Jacob Fehler, Terry Blessing, Jason Breese, Tom Nelson Jr., Tripp Gaylord, Scott Clay and Paul Donovan.
- BST IMCA Stock Cars—Lloyd Meeske, Jesse Taylor, Justin Bussell, Jeff Whiting, Casey Woken, Brian Morris, Rich Wadel, Jason Noyes, Brandon Eitts, Perry Misner, Earl Woodward, Kyle Clough, Rod Wadel and Tony Walker.
- IMCA Hobby Stocks—Colt Gibbs, Greg Dannatt, Michael Johnson, Marshall Curson, Jim Moore and William McGinnis.
- Late Models—Scott Lewis, John Hansen, Dave Garmann, Craig Baukema, Brad Shelton, Bob Goetschel, Cory Brownwood, Scott Slama and Tim Verkamp.
- Dwarf Cars—Alex Amen, Jerry Hunter, Leroy Dilka, Andy Rogers, Larry Lynch, Stephanie Smythe, Brad Bayne and Richard Smythe.